Friday 11 October 2013

Christmas Leftovers quilt top finished

Aaaages ago, I started another scrappy trip along quilt with Aneela Hoey's adorable Cherry Christmas line.  Several months later, and I still have only 4 completed blocks (although I have made progress on the next 32!).  However, because I used fat quarters to make my blocks, I had two strips left over from each block, and I thought I'd use these leftovers to make a wee baby quilt.

Cherry Christmas baby quilt 

This quilt is just pretty randomly pieced together, although I did try to get a somewhat even colour distribution.  I'm very happy with how this quilt top turned out.  So happy, in fact, that even though I made it with the intention of donating it to the neo-natal unit at Wellington Hospital, I am tempted to keep it for myself.  I won't, of course, but I want to!  I do think that this is a particularly good quilt to donate - it's totally gender neutral, and it's Christmassy but not so much that you couldn't leave it out all year round.

Cherry Christmas baby quilt
 
This little guy is all basted up ready for quilting.  I think I'll use the same design I'm planning to use on my scrappy trip along quilt - that will give me a good chance to see how it looks with these fabrics.  Now, to work on my scrappy trip along version.  Here's hoping I can get it done by Christmas.

Linking up with finish it up friday at crazy mom quilts.

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable! One of my favorites - simple square patchwork.

DeborahGun said...

oh it is lovely :-)

Mine-rSewFun said...

Awww...if you love it, the recipient will too!! Good job! :-)

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Lovely! So awesome of you to share it too. :)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

really cute quilt Adrianne! and donating to a NICU is such a great cause!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

jeifner said...

It's great. Anyone who gets this will be thrilled!

Anonymous said...

I love this fabric line and you have made a charming quilt out of it. Some child will treasure it, I am sure.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Lovely.
Anything that brings comfort to the families of the babies there has to be applauded xxx

Schulz Family said...

Looks absolutely gorgeous

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Such a cute quilt! I can't wait to see what you have decided for a quilting style!