Tuesday 9 April 2013

Finish Along Second Quarter Goals

she can quilt

Now is the time to set my goals for the second quarter of 2013.  I had a pretty good first quarter, so I shouldn't have too many WIPs to finish this round, right?

1. Giant Star Quilt.  I have made some progress on this, but it's just not quite finished.


2. Pistols at Dawn Quilt.  I took this very impromptu layout photo after I had received quite a few of the blocks from the lovely Fallow Group ladies.  Now that I have received all but one of the blocks from the group (and I know that last one is on its way) I have four final blocks to make myself, then I can assemble the quilt top and quilt this up.  I even have a backing fabric picked already!

Simply Solids Quilt Progress

3. & 4.  Two teeny tiny baby quilts for the neonatal unit.  I quilted these over the weekend, so I only need to stitch down the binding (which won't take long on quilts as small as these).


5.  Oakshott and low volume plus quilt.  I have made nine (out of a planned 49) of these blocks now, and I am enjoying taking my time with them.  I feel like 3 months should be enough time to finish this quilt, but since I'm enjoying the process, I'm not going to rush through it.


6. Modern She Made Swap item - I've made the patchwork for the main item for my partner, which will be either a pillow or a mini quilt.  I am really happy with how this has turned out so far!


7. A Letter from Lotta Quilt.  This wee quilt needs basting and quilting - any suggestions for the quilting design?


Not too many WIPs?  Yeah, right!  And I have plans for several more projects, plus I was delighted to find out that a couple of my friends will be needing baby quilts soon (I'm really pleased and excited for them!).

Are you participating in the Finish-Along for the second quarter of the year?  You can join for any quarter, so if you didn't participate in the first quarter, but want to play along, now is the perfect time.  You can link your second quarter goal lists until the 15th of April.

13 comments:

Susan said...

More great projects Adrianne! I love the Letter From Lotta- but no quilting suggestions, I'm afraid! I am thinking of putting a couple of things on a list, but not sure I want the pressure!

Nat at Made in Home said...

So many great projects! I love the LV crosses!

Annabella said...

So many really beautiful projects Adrianne - I can't pick a favourite!

nicole said...

They're all so gorgeous! Love the stars!

Christine said...

I was going to stay exactly what the person above me commented. I totally agree with her. I am a sucker for stars.

Suzanne said...

Lots of beautiful projects to work on! My first thought for quilting your "letter from Lotta" quilt is to quilt the text over it in big :) Not sure I'd be able to get that to look good but maybe you can!

Erica said...

I love it when people need baby quilts too, I am happy for them to have new babies and I am happy to have an excuse to make something new :) Your projects look great, I particularly love your modern she made wonky stars.

Nancy said...

I love your low volume/oakshott plus blocks. Gorgeous!

Franziska said...

I love the stars block. I recently made something similar and turned it into a pillow. I love it and smile every time I see it.
A letter from Lotta is lovely. I have an echo charm pack over here and plan to make something similar. I already know the name. So now on to find some time for making it.

CapitolaQuilter said...

oakshot and low volume now that's a nice combo

Jill said...

oh my! I love the star quilt on the gray background the colors just pop! And I've always loved your large star quilt - I gotta try to make myself one of those. It reminds me of one my great-grandma made for my parents when I was a little girl - it has since falled to pieces.

Carla said...

I am really really loving your projects, especially the giant star and the plus quilt.

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

Thanks Jillian! The large star quilt is great because it's pretty quick but really effective!