Wednesday 26 December 2012

Handmade Christmas Revealed - Day 1

Merry Christmas - I hope everyone had a great day and you are now enjoying your Boxing Day traditions.

First up on my Christmas reveal list is my Feeling Festive table runner, which I gave to my grandmother.  I finally made a decision about the binding and got it stitched on this week.


Thanks for everyone's suggestions about which fabric to use for the binding.  I really like the idea of a frosty binding, but in the end I went for a darker fabric to frame the runner and pick up the darker teal colour in the backing fabric.


I am very pleased with how this little project turned out, and I think I will try and start my Christmas sewing a little earlier next year so that I can get more done.


Finally, I wanted to show one of the techniques taught in Angela Walters' Free Motion Quilting class on Craftsy - combining FMQ designs.  I just combined the swirls and pebbles at each end of the quilt, where I needed to transition from the "sky" to the "ground".

Have you tried any new quilting designs lately?

5 comments:

Lia*s Handmades said...

that looks fabulous! :D

Cille said...

Yeah... That was my favourite color :) it looks fantastic. And the quilting... Wow... You know how much in awe I hold your quilting!

Barb Neiwert said...

What a fun runner - great job, and I love your quilting! I just got Angela's new book for Christmas and sure do enjoy her techniques.

Elmosmate said...

Your free motion quilting is awesome!

Sarah @ mila+cuatro said...

This is great, I'm new to your blog and am following via Bloglovin'. I made my first quilt recently - a doll's cot quilt for my daughter. It's certainly not awe-inspiring but you've got to start somewhere! I hated sewing the binding.