Thursday 4 October 2012

Giant star quilt top

I have been working on a few slower projects lately, and this weekend I was overcome by a surge of impatience and a desire to do a project I could complete in a weekend.  I had seen Jeni's Giant Vintage Star Tutorial over at In Color Order, and I had a few of the prints from Laura Gunn's Garden Wall collection in my stash which I wanted to make use of.


Some of these prints are really large in scale, and I wanted to use them in a quilt that would really show off the lovely designs.  The background fabric is Timeless Treasures Crosshatch Sketch in black and white, also from my stash.  I am very happy with how this quilt has turned out so far.


However, I am not sure how to quilt it.  I would like to do straight lines echoing the star shape in the background.  For the star, I would like something that works with all of the fabrics - not too busy, and won't break up the semi-solid painter's canvas fabrics.  Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

I wish I had some good suggestions but I'm still a novice when it comes to anything other than straight line quilting. I love your fabric selections; very pretty!

Kirsten said...

I made a Giant Starflower last year and just did straight line quilting in the background.
http://gemini-stitches.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/amy-butler-love-starflower.html